Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As in the title, what gear do you use/recommend. I haven't invested much in my gear yet and looking for advice on good buys.

Cheers

·
3,078 Posts
If you're ever going to have to ride in the rain, buy Goretex gear now. Buy once, cry once. KLIM and Rev-it make really good stuff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
3,078 Posts
Then you want something made with Goretex.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
A good set of boots is also something to consider seriously for both safety and comfort. Modern options are lighter and can look like regular dress shoes if you are working in the office!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi all,

As in the title, what gear do you use/recommend. I haven't invested much in my gear yet and looking for advice on good buys.

Cheers
I commuted to work for about five years.

The first questions I'd ask:
How long is your commute in miles and in time? What's the worst amount of time it has taken?
Are you a three season commuter? Four season?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ride everyday rain or shine, only days I don't is when it's snowing or icy. In the summer I have my rain gear. When it gets cold out I wear a REV'IT! Horizon 2 Jacket and when it's raining in the the winter I wear REV'IT! Commuter Pants as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m a believer in ATGATT, so I picked up and Aerostich roadcrafter and forma ADV boots. The suit fits right over my business suit - on and off in less than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I live where the temps are mid 90's with over 90% humidity during the summer with afternoon thunderstorms being the norm, I'm lucky that my shift allows me to get to work before the storms and leave after they are over with so I just deal with the heat, I wear a nice pair of riding jeans brand is usually what I found on sale, Jackets I wear Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 multiple colors during the summer, and Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 multiple colors in the winter, our winters hardly ever get below 40 F so I don't use the liner. Boots in the summer I wear Alpinestars SMX-1R vented all colors during the summer and Bilt Pit Boots for the winter. Gloves summer Joe Rocket High Siders all colors and REAX Castors The high siders are cooler but the REAX are more comfortable, during the winter I use Joe Rocket Sub Zeroes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like some riders here, I commute everyday ~13 miles each way and takes ~35 minutes. I have riding shirts for warm weathers and Merlin jacket for cooler temp. For lower temp, I like electric, Gerbing are very good.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Stuff in parenthesis is what I have but you're in England so some of this will be stupidly expensive

Full face helmet (Arai or Shoei)
Apple Warmer (Vetter knock off)
Leather Jacket and Pants (Vanson)
Boots (Sidi or Red Wing)
Gloves (got to get new ones)
Heated Gloves w/ controller (Gerber)
Cold Weather Insulated Rain Suit (FirstGear)
Regular Rain Suit (think it's FirstGear as well)

If I was in England I'd look at used Belstaff gear. I hear the waxed stuff works well and becomes incredibly smelly so it's a win-win situation!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts