Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
instead of boring the cases for the 955 kit just machine the outside of the liners and they drop right in the case....ive been running this set up for quite a while, as some of you know, and its the way to go. the piston pins are the same from the early 885 motors up until the 955 motors, so you can run the high comp alum. daytona pistons as i did with the alum. daytona liners....tasty bits indeed.

· Registered
73 Posts
...total drop in after cutting down the OD of the liners. zero strength issues, etc in many miles/years of use on mine.....best of all you can use all Triumph parts, that are readily availble form dealers/ebay, etc...the only issue i had with mine was getting it enough fuel after all of the engine mods, so i went with a set of FCRs.

· Registered
73 Posts
i just couldnt get the bike"right" with the stock carbs, jet kits and then rejetted everywhere and the combo was never spot on....mainly they{stock carbs} are just limited in size and adjustability so i went with the 39mm FCRs...awesome investment, huge results. the carbs returned great driveability, with throttle response and some awesome hp numbers throughtout the range. best $$ that ive spent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.