Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, time for tires at 25k+ miles again. I am looking at the Commander 3’s. They make a 127/70 19 front tire in cruiser compound. I run a 200/55 17 rear. They have that in the tourer model. I have a bit of a concern with the different styles and handling as we are headed to “Tail of the Dragon” in June/July time frame. Any recommendations or concerns that I am overthinking? TIA

·
Registered
5 Posts
25,000 miles on a set of tires?? 😳 Good grief man, how do you accomplish that? Front tire I can understand but you get 25k on the rear of a Thunderbird?

·
Registered
2013 T-Bird Storm
30 Posts
25,000 miles on a set of tires?? 😳 Good grief man, how do you accomplish that? Front tire I can understand but you get 25k on the rear of a Thunderbird?
+1 on this..... the best i have ever ever EVER been able to do was maybe 12k on a set of the newer Dunlop E4's on my Victory Cross Roads. otherwise, I get between 8k-10k max and i'm religious about checking tire pressure and condition.... I have one of the FOBO systems on my Storm and had it on my Victory and i love it. So i am definitely interested in what tires you are using to get +25k miles. its not a darkside situation is it? or do you have a pact with the devil and sacrifice small woodland creatures to get the special voodoo for tire longevity? :ROFLMAO:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts