Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this Spring I had gotten in touch with http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/ about the fairings for the RS. They don't yet make them, but around the end of the month I will be getting mine to them and they will be making molds from them. They said they need them for about 3 weeks, so around December, they will be able to make a complete set for the RS!!! This should save a substantial amount of money vs getting OEM parts.

I'll keep you posted as it goes along.

Cheers,
Fungi

·
Registered
272 Posts
You're a magic mushroom Fungi! Good move. May you never need to replace your fairings for anything other than a whim.

;)

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Now all we need to do is figure out how to straighten these damned stays... :p

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're a magic mushroom Fungi! Good move. May you never need to replace your fairings for anything other than a whim.

;)
I hear ya! I'll prolly hold on to the OEM for track day if I ever use the RS for that. The left side is perfect, the damage is only on the right. But, now I can get it all sorted out and help out others at the same time.

Now I just need to source a rear brake lever and right hand bar end weight and mirror.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I dropped my RS a couple of months ago , broke the upper and right side fairing. OEM price right at $1k. If there price tracks close to ST prices it will cut it by over half.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
446 Posts
lol .. keep in mind you will need to drill and mount your holes remember to measure 4 times and drill once lol ... trust me on this ;)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should be bringing the fairings down the first week of November. I'll keep everyone posted! Maybe sooner of I can swing it.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello everyone. Sorry about this taking so long. I dropped everything off yesterday. The fairings that they make are pretty strong. I looked at many examples of their work and it's good.

The only thing is that there will be some mounting tabs that may need to be glued on depending on the piece. This can be done with epoxy or polyester resin which can be found at an auto parts store or boat repair and even some hobby shops. All the pieces will arrive to you covered in white gel-coat, which is great because it make prep and painting easy.

I dropped off everything but the rear seat surround, because it looks the same as the piece on a 955i ST.

They have the following:

• Front fairing, i.e. headlight surround or cockpit.
  • Both front side fairings
  • Belly pan
  • Front fender, I need to mail them the rear black portion of the fender.
  • Rear seat cowl, but they may already have that as they make it for the 955i ST. I think that it may be the same. They are going to double check it.

Does anyone know if the rear hugger is the same on a 955i ST? If not, I have a carbon fiber one that I will send them to use as a mold.

I am not sure the time frame on getting everything built, but if you call them, it will put a burr in their backside...

The great thing about fiberglass is that it is infinitely repairable. So, it shouldn't be long now.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Seat cowl is the same, rear hugger is not.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Thanks for doing this, Unk. I'm sure the RS guys appreciate it. It's nice that these guys are willing to invest in the classic 955's

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for doing this, Unk. I'm sure the RS guys appreciate it. It's nice that these guys are willing to invest in the classic 955's
Yes, Awesome thanks loads!!!
You are both welcome! I am just happy I am able to contribute to this and help others out, ya know? My RS has been good to me and since I banged it up, now I can fix her up and assist in helping others, in a way.

·
Registered
155 Posts
can't wait to get the email that they are ready to order :)

i want all 3 nose pieces and a belly pan :D

thanks for helping make this happen...

later,
chris

·
Registered
446 Posts
rear seat cover is / should be the same as the st .. do not sent your carbon fiber one to use as a mold.. that would be such a waste of carbon fiber...... it will get trashed .. trust me .. :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts