Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd introduce myself. I used to be on this board when I had a Sprint RS (which I really miss). Actually, I have had a 2000 model in Orange and a beautiful black 2002 (I really miss her).

Anyway, I am in the process of doing a deal on a Yellow Daytona 600 2004.

Is there anything in particular I need to look at on the Daytona please?

The bike has only 1 key - is this an issue?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I misplaced a key for about a week once. Found it, but I drove myself nuts thinking "What happens if I lose this key?" I was contemplating making a special trip to Vegas to get a new key cut (closest dealership is 200 miles away - one way) when the other key appeared. I now have duplicates for every bike stashed in a file cabinet drawer.

If you're compulsive like me, extra keys are security.

My precious, my precious...:D

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
There's no electronic part to the key, so it's not a problem. You have to get the blanks from Triumph, unless somebody has decided it's worth making them. They are not cheap, but getting a couple blanks is worth it. Once you have the blanks, any competent (make sure they are competent) locksmith should be able to make a duplicate.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
You have to get the blanks from Triumph, unless somebody has decided it's worth making them.
My local locksmith ordered generic blanks from his distributor which took about four days to get. I think it cost about $15 to have two new keys cut, including the cost of the blanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts