Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sprint ST 1050, has managed to get a few chips on the wheels, does any have any idea of the paint code. ??

·
Registered
134 Posts
not sure about the 1050 but I know my 2000 st has black powder coated rims - someone correct me if i'm wrong but if it is powder coat I dont think their is any really good way to touchup powder coat

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just picked up my left side fairing yesterday from the body shop. Had to get it repainted after a slight "off"! The guy told me Triumph wouldn't give him anything. No codes numbers or anything. So he said he matched it up the best he could. And I here to tell you, you couldn't see any difference with a microscope. My 2 cents... Find a guy that knows how to match paint and let him do it.

Brian

[ This message was edited by: remlin1 on 2007-03-11 19:43 ]

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you log onto the Triumph UK site and then click on "Technical" there is a list of paint codes.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
mine has chips in the front wheel too :???: im shocked since the riding i did was only the first 30 miles of around town...little dissapointed how its holding up...i can just imagine with some high speed highway miles what they will be like. I will say they look to be powder coated...i say hell with it and just ride it...im planning on riding it for a few years then trade up....so in the larger picture who cares right? :-D

·
Registered
58 Posts
ricster, how does one not get any chips riding around Waterbury!! Just got back from there before all h3ll broke loose this weekend, but I did notice your streets are covered with a lot sand and small pepples. Is this what the state/county uses for de-icing the roads?? How long do you guys have to wait for the county to clean that ***** up in the spring. I really thought that our use of coal cinders for winter mess was bad here in west-by-god, but you guys are right in there, so be safe and try to stay chip free.!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts