Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a put on 750 Routts and new 32 mm Premier concentrics with a bit enlarged and polished head. which I Think is set pretty o.k, it pulls fine and tickling is o.k when warm. However I get a Little more miscoloring on the right exhaust pipe bend - but the RH spark seems to run less warm - see Picture where the left plug looks better. That feels contradictory. Could the pipe be of poor chrome qulity - LH and RH are not from same batch. Is the plug color diff any thing to concern about ?? Have used N3S Champion during first 1000 km, not run in yet. Maybe I change to NGK B8ES If anyone knows to comment this I´m happy ! AndersRobert

Attachments

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Pipe discolouration is often not matched to each side as you also have different suppliers for the 2 pipes. Your plugs should be Champion N3C but the colours are quite good anyway. I use 30mm Premiers on my 750 equipped T120 and use a 200 main jet in each carb. I would just ride on for now.
Put a little copper grease on those plug threads, they will never get stuck and the threads are less likely to get damaged when fitting or taking out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks Rambo

Then no worries when going for ride after a dark Cold Winter here North. Its just start. Keeping the N3C - they seemd to work. All the best / Andersrobert

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I have used N3C for around 40 years so far and not had one fail yet. Not tried any other make as these have been very good.
You might find that a 20 tooth engine sprocket is worth fitting with the 750 conversion. Standard one is 19 tooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts