Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,095 Posts
Nice! I did the same with my Thrux!

When the short screens are body colored (or black vs transparent), it looks less 'tall' and more of a part of the bike, rather than a windshield of sorts (in my opinion)... Sort of like the effect the body colored ones gave on the Buell Lightnings that had them in black.

Your bike is so modernly retro, yet moody... It's screaming out for the black intake covers.
Looks great!

Reactions: gabbydad

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I did the same with my Thrux!

When the short screens are body colored (or black vs transparent), it looks less 'tall' and more of a part of the bike, rather than a windshield of sorts (in my opinion)... Sort of like the effect the body colored ones gave on the Buell Lightnings that had them in black.

Your bike is so modernly retro, yet moody... It's screaming out for the black intake covers.
Looks great!
Thanks mate! I may at some point rattle can the intake covers I'm just not sure...so. much. black!

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,095 Posts
You're welcome... You're right, it's a lot of black... But I think that's like half the reason I like your bike so much.

I'm not good with a rattle-can, so I just bought the black ones from Triumph, and they were literally 1 bolt to change them... I was like, new ones are a tad under $50... And a rattle can was like $12... So I just splurged. Plus I bought mine months before my bike ever came in, so it felt like I still had some money to spend back then.

Bike looks great either way though.

Reactions: gabbydad
1 - 4 of 4 Posts