Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably meant for the weather thread but it is so abnormal for Australia that I thought it deserved its own thread. Australia is presently being bitten by a cold snap that has brought snow to southern Queensland in mid-October! That's pretty spesch. My chicken have stopped laying. Maybe we will see some Summer next month.

Behind this link there is two vids. The second one shows footage of a skip in the snow - a bit rare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-12/snow-falling-across-eastern-australia/4308904

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Gosh, we're getting a real education about Australia on here recently, first that you're not all semi literate savages and now that snow happens down there, who knew?

Ridiculous I know but I always imagine Oz to be sort of warm to hot all the time, perhaps I should visit and cure my ignorance once and for all.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Gosh, we're getting a real education about Australia on here recently, first that you're not all semi literate savages and now that snow happens down there, who knew?

Ridiculous I know but I always imagine Oz to be sort of warm to hot all the time, perhaps I should visit and cure my ignorance once and for all.
I wouldn`t, if I was you. I visited here in 95 and I didn`t want to go back to the UK afterwards. It took another 5 years before I managed to swing my permanent residency, another 2 years after that before I became a citizen and about another year after that before I started treating all the Brits like whingeing poms, which of course, they are!

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it's highly seductive. I love my country.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
All ya gotta do Saph, is pinch a loaf of Bread, get caught, free trip mate.
The smart ones work it out for themselves :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts