Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Gals,
I know this topic is probably beat to death, but I can't find a solution to this from my searching and was curious if there is a solution? Last winter it was a little colder out (around 50 degrees and the bike would not start. I hooked it up to my car (not started) and the bike fired right up. I know I can replace the battery, but I've researched this and it seems Triumph put a battery that does not allow enough CCA to start the bike when it's cold and there is no room in the battery compartment to increase the size. Also, while I was researching this topic, I also came across folks who ride there bike a while, stop to get gas or coffee or something, and when they try to restart the motorcycle, it won't start. Have there been any solutions to either of these problems? I love my Sprint, but the fear of being stranded due to these issues if I am out on a trip is enough concern for me to look for a bike that won't do this to me unless it is a fluke. I don't want to get rid of my sprint, but want to have peace of mind when travelling too.
Please let me know if you guys/girls have anything.
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Sorry, but I don't get whether you actually have an issue or not.
Most common solution for starting problem (slow crank speed) is the starting cables (3 actually) upgrade.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you check with voltmeter at the start solenoid? Had some temperatures below freezing recently and my 06 sprints starts no problems, no reduced crank speed or anything. As said in your other thread, the only issue I had recently related to poor contact on the starter relay as the band snapped and it was hanging, working its way loose - that was a quick and easy fix. Another one would be to move to CR8EIX plugs which ignite better in the cold. (I've not yet had the cable upgrade either).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts