Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I can use my Inova 3100 OBDII digital code reader to pull the codes for out bikes.

got a 98 Speed Triple T509. no start, I cannot hear the pump running, swapped relays with my 97 Daytona T595, still no luck.

So pulling the fuel pump and will bench test, or just remove the tank and apply power to the pump.

Any advice, thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
On cars at least, OBDII systems have been standard since 1996. Triumph probably complied in your bike's year (1998), so that scanner should work.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
You should be able to use a standard code reader on any injected Triumph, and the T5s are injected. There are Triumph-specific codes it won't have an explanation for, but hopefully it'll read the number at least, and you can post that up here for an explanation if you don't have the factory manual.

Also, without looking at the book, I would check the fuses before pulling the tank.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I performed the following test with a multimeter. Power at battery, power at relay, relay continuity and function and finally power at the pump. So I got power all the way to the pump. I need to ohm out the pump and check for continuity and that should tell if the pump(electric motor) is out. I already got a replacement pump so I can get a base ohm reading there.

Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts