Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Clymer Workshop Manual still available for the Triumph 650 Unit Twin?

If so, where can I get one? - I am in UK

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
[ This message was edited by: KADUTZ on 2007-01-28 20:02 ]

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I figured he wanted the large format Clymer manual from the early 70s. Triumph only. I know of one, but I don't have access to it right now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Look around on the auction sites. I picked up the clymer 650 triumph twin manual plus the haynes for 30 bucks NZD 2 weeks ok. Bargain. Used but good condition.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
hi mark,i found one of those books in a dealers secondhand for £10.i bet you will need to pay £20 now.i rarely use it although it is useful to crosss reference between three different manuals.it goes into tuning for extra power.
it is worth having but i have never seen another for sale in the uk.not even on ebay

·
Registered
223 Posts
Try searching eBay using keywords "clymer" and "triumph". Check the box for searching titles and descriptions, and then use the categories box on the left column to eliminate the chaff. Most of the manuals will either be in "Parts and Accessories" in eBay Motors, and in "Books".

Several Clymer Triumph manuals are now on auction and more are to be found in the eBay Stores listings below the search results.

I'm not sure about the "large format" version cited above.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
As I recall, it's physically larger than a standard magazine or a Haynes manual. I recall it has a page or two on all the gears in the close, standard, and wide ratio gearsets, handy stuff like that.

I am now wondering if it was Clymer or Chilton. Hmmm? Guess I'll have to go see the fella with the book. Good excuse to take a ride.

[ This message was edited by: Mecchanica on 2006-12-09 10:08 ]

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just looked at my old Chilton's, and while it has some excellent drawings I'm not sure they are the ones described by Mecchanica.

I looked for the cds, and I think they were $60 plus shipping. Of course, they cover most everything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a reprinted Clymer manual for Triumph/BSA/Norton Twins from amazon.com in USA - very good deal with current exchange rate.

Thanks for asking

Mark

B

·
0 Posts
An interesting site to look at for such items is ABE BOOKS.
I notice the combined one is very cheap from the USA.
Is not the genuine Workshop Manual still available?? Must be even if on CD these days.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Is there any local clubs you can join? Iv'e had mine for so many years I did not realize they were hard to find. Also, try locating a old original shop. Some old shops here do not even advertise. You may locate a Clymer's in your area. I like the Clymer 1963-1979 500-750 unit twins.
One club member gave us all a (copy)word for word step by step Twin Unit rebuild written by a fellow that worked in the factory. No pictures, but it is an excellent manual. I have had that manual for the past 20 years. I used it on 2 engine assymblies.
club members: can't beat 'em

1 - 13 of 13 Posts