Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to install new clutch springs in my 07 t100, but I have run into some issues. It seems that I can can the spring bolts in to the point that two are snug, allowing for the center rod to move easily, but when I proceed to torque the bolts to 7 ft/lbs, the rod gets stuck, and I must start over. What am I missing here? Also, from watching a diy video, it would seem that my bike does not have the washers that sit under the springs.

·
Registered
899 Posts
When you get to the point where you are snugging up the bolts and the plunger stops moving easily apply a little levering on the plate itself first one side then the other sometimes that will loosen the plunger where you can nip up the bolts some more. 7 ft/lb is not enough for me to use a torque wrench just nip them up and lever the plunger loose then renip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you get to the point where you are snugging up the bolts and the plunger stops moving easily apply a little levering on the plate itself first one side then the other sometimes that will loosen the plunger where you can nip up the bolts some more. 7 ft/lb is not enough for me to use a torque wrench just nip them up and lever the plunger loose then renip.
Thanks. I've been scratching my head on this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts