Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my paranoia is kicking in :eek: . My '03 clutch has a quiet rattle when the clutch lever is out (in nuetral). It seems to get quieter as the engine warms. Pulling in the clutch lever (in nuetral) silences it. I've recently adjusted the clutch lever. Any problem here?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I hear it too. Not really bad, just enough to make me focus in on it.

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Now boys lets put this into perspective. :pkit:

Park next to a Duck and listen to it's clutch when it's let out then come back and tell us if your Sprint has a noisy clutch :razz:

Oh I see all of a sudden the Triumph clutch is very quiet. :knkknk:

Well while Triumph engines and moving bits in general are not known for their quietness, there are noiser brands about.

At least a Sprint doesn't sound like a bucket of loose bolts when you let the clutch out! :-D

Davem
:cool:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
What you are hearing is basically the equivalent of a car's throw-out bearing. It's supposed to be loose (or it would be applying the clutch) enough to not apply the clutch when disengaged. When you pull the clutch lever you remove all of the slop in the system then pressure is applied to the clutch assembly. That's why the rattling sound disappears when you pull the clutch lever. Basically don't worry about it, it's completely normal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys, and the peace of mind. I really like this bike :smug: and tend to be "tetchy" about it. I've had other bikes make this sound with no worry. But a this is my first Triumph I'm still getting to know it

[ This message was edited by: TXRyder on 2006-12-02 23:43 ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts