Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year I bought my wife an 05 thruxton for her birthday,the bike was a media demo and had about 4200k on it,because of shoulder injury she on managed about 800k on it.Before I parked it for the winter, I took it out for a ride, at a stoplight i let the clutch out rather hard ,the bike should have stalled it just made an ugly slipping sound, i managed to pull the clutch back in and carry on,this has also happened when accelerating in too high a gear,its intermittant. does oil quality affect the clutch,or having been a media demo the clutch is going.we got the 2 year warranty from day of purchase, I want the clutch replaced under warranty.
What do you think?

The bike was featured in October 05 Canadian Biker magazine
It has all the Goodies pipes ,air injection removed.
thanks
Jake

·
Registered
679 Posts
They should replace it. It probably only needs stronger springs but hit them for a whole new clutch as who knows what the clutch was subjected to during it's previous lfe.

Darcy

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Adjustment can also be a factor--my guess from your description...can be adjusted so the springs can't do their job--at least they can't do their job nearly as good as they could with proper adjustment. These clutches are very good and can take a lot of abuse. I would simply take it to the dealer you purchased it from and tell them what you have told us and ask them to fix it under warranty. If adjustment resolves the issue, I wouldn't worry about it again.

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts