Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I just bought a used 05 S3 with 3k miles. I will say bike is a beast. However the clutch feels a little but Klunky. I ride a GSXR 750 on the track and a small tap is all it takes to shift. It seems with the triple I really have to hit it hard with my foot to shift gears. I want it to be a lighter tap with the foot.

Additionally I want to set it up GP Style to be 1 up 5 down like my trackbike. Any recomendations on aftermarket parts needed?

thanks

[ This message was edited by: Noname on 2007-02-26 08:58 ]

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The stock trans will get smoother with a few thousand more miles. Improved oils can help to make this slicker shifting as well. Also check the slack in your clutch lever and clutch end of the cable.

A few owners have had issues with very dificult 5-6 gear changes. No update as to the cause/cure... yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies guys I think I may need to get aftermarket rearsets to set up GP style shofting anyway. Now the question is which aftermarket rearsets are best?

·
Registered
804 Posts
You might want to see if some of the guys with LSL's are liking theirs. I don't have any as of yet but I think most of the feedback was positive for LSL's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts