Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, recently just purchased my first triumph. A 98 triumph tiger. 28k on the clock and in very good shape. It does have some clutch slippage so I'm going to have to replace the friction discs. They seem readily available, but the steel discs dont seem to come in the set? Can I reuse the old ones or should I order them individually from triumph? Or is there a complete kit that I haven't found yet? Thank you in advance. Look forward to learning more about this machine. Cheers!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Looking at Bikebandit.com, it looks like you can only buy individual clutch plates, or the whole clutch assembly. I don't see why you couldn't use the old steel plates as long as they're within spec and not warped

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal. Ya I've checked out bike bandit. I think I'll go that route. I dont have the manual yet. What trans fluid is reccomend?

·
Registered
854 Posts
No separate gearbox oil. I don't think any bike has used separate gearbox oil since the 1960's. None I know of anyway

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, after I posted that I realized that was probably the case. Thank you guys for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts