Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a heavy duty EBC clutch in my Scrambler. I have had an issue with this clutch for the past year or so. It shifts fine and doesn't slip—so that's not the problem. The problem is, it doesn't seem to disengage until the very end of the release of the lever and then I get this really abrupt jerk at the rear wheel when the power to the drive is engaged (It's not the wheel, or the chain, or the cush drive either). I can't adjust this away. You can see it snap up my chain really jerky a split second after she starts to roll, at the last instant that I release the clutch. I've posted about this before and now I really need to do something about it. I hate this. Anyway, I'm thinking that this may have something to do with the clutch and springs that were installed about two years ago. Perhaps the springs are too long (as I've read), or maybe I've just worn the clutch out and it's sticking. Maybe this is altogether the wrong set-up for this bike. Anyone know what I mean about the sudden jerk when you release the last bit on the clutch lever and engage the drive? I've checked everything. Can it be the motor itself? There is no sound, and at any speed it's fine, still clunky to shift though. Only happens in 1st gear, from a complete stop. BTW, If I rev the engine a little at take off it wont do it. Something about the dead stop and the load.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts