Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Sprint ST, I have broken my clutch lever. Took it to the Triumph dealer for repair. Replaced it with a non-adjustable lever.:mad: They say the 06 did not come with adjustable levers. Even my front brake lever is adjustable. How can I prove them wrong? I have a printout fom BikeBandit.com showing the schematic. What year did they start putting adjustable levers on the ST?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Obviously your bike had an adjustable lever. You took it to the shop to be replaced, and they failed to replace it.

Really, that's what this comes down to. You didn't ask them to replace it with whatevertheythinkthebikecamewith. You asked them to replace that lever.

Maybe the adjustable costs more than the one they used. So what, you asked them to replace the adjustable lever. They should, at a minimum, replace the non-adjustable with an adjustable for the cost difference and no additional labor since that is the job you asked them to perform in the first place.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
If everything transpired as you described, you either have an extremely dishonest dealer, or they are incompetent. In either case, do not let them get away with it.

Contact Triumph N.A. and inform them as to what happened.

He is probably not going to like this, but if you call, tell the nice lady this is who you want to speak with.

peter.carleo@triumphmotorcycles.com

678-854-2010

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have a 97 Sprint and a 2006 Sprint St. Both have adjustable levers, brake and clutch, sounds like bull to me.
Interesting. My '01 definitely does not have an adjustable clutch lever (other than the usual cable adjustment). I crashed last week and was acutely aware of the left side damage, including the clutch lever. Fortunately, a resourceful shop up in Estes Park (called CTM) was able to gently straighten it out part way for the long ride back to Santa Fe.

As already stated, your dealer is a crook or an idiot. I'd say both. Definitely do not let them get away with it.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It seems to me that your dealer did not have an adjustable lever(damn thing costs more, so he would have put it on) in stock, so he installed whatever he had and decided to shine you on!:rolleyes:

Call Triumph N.A like OnD suggested.

Too bad you can't get the correct Triumph part number and compare it to what you were sold.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It seems to me that your dealer did not have an adjustable lever(damn thing costs more, so he would have put it on) in stock, so he installed whatever he had and decided to shine you on!:rolleyes:
Not True the non-adjustable lever has a RRP of $38.21 while the adjustable has a RRP of $30.35

Correct part number is: T2046021 Triumph appears to have a low quantity on hand in the US so have your dealer order it ASAP.

And a 2006 has the adjustable from the factory, in fact all 2005+ do. The parts diagram shows the older model as not having the adjustable.

Cheers,

Gary

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Your dealer is a complete idiot. According to Triumphs schematic, which they have access to, the part number is T2046021 and that is all 05+ Sprints to current and that is indeed adjustable.

There is no other part number. If they put something else on tell them to put back on the Bonnie they took it off of.

The reality is that if you went in with an adjustable lever you should have left with an adjustable lever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts