Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was doing about 70 down the highway, and when I went to shift my clutch was limp. I couldn't shift out of gear. I pulled over, stared, and decided to adjust my clutch lever. As I twisted it out the clutch was working again (had pressure) and I could drive and shift just fine. I would think this was because the nut loosened, but when I loosened it (twisted out) it fixed the problem.

When I was first taking it out I noticed that it seemed alittle more difficult to shift.

I checked with the dealer and they said all the recalls were completed on the bike (I think the clutch cable was one of them).

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,838 Posts
Clutch cable was only a recall on S4 models, if I remember right. You may have a failing clutch cable. As it breaks, the strands of wire come apart and it will hang up and get more and more difficult to operate. If it were my bike, it would get a clutch cable replacement sooner rather than later, although being both cheap and lazy, I'd probably end up waiting until it broke altogether and get myself stranded somewhere. :p

·
Registered
575 Posts
There's an old trick I have heard of (but not practiced) that BMW guys do: They run a spare cluch cable alongside the working cable, therefore in case of failure they have a quick and ready replacement.

Anyone here do that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts