Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm picking up an 09 S3 in a few days, and the previous owner layed it down and ground down the clutch cover pretty bad. I was searching ebay and found a clutch cover, but it says it is for an 05-07. Were there any changes to the cases from 07 to 09?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
There is only one part number listed (T1261413), however there was a cosmetic change at some point. Later model is quite different to my 05, though they obviously all fit.

I first noticed the difference on a 08 Tiger, which shares the same part number.

·
Super Moderator
22,199 Posts
Don't take this as 100% but the clutch cover gasket is also the same for the 02-04 955 engines (Sprint, Daytona, Tiger too) - so that adds to the possibilities also.
Those covers have an additional outside cover plate (which doesn't need to be installed for anything other than aesthetics) - which is a much cheaper replacement if you ever do have a boo-boo.

old gregg - also take a few mins if you will to revisit your UserCP and update your profile with your bike year/model and your location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.