Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to your forum and a new bike for me. 2006 Triumph Sprint st 1050 abs. I put new clutch plates in and when I tried to put the cover back on, the piece outside the cover that the cable attached to will not turn. I don't think something is correct and im afraid that if I adjust the cable out to reach the slot it hooks into, it will bend when I squeeze the clutch. Sorry for my poor bike parts terminology. Thanks for your help... Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
Did you actually hook up the bottom of the actuator arm to the pull rod as you were maneuvering the cover into place? It's a bit of a fiddle but you'll know when it's in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I moved the arm around many times and the case would only go together one way, but each time the arm would not rotate towards the cable end. When I first removed the cable there was a good hard spring tension. Now when I try to move the arm it feels like it moves to the right a little then hit a brick wall.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
So it means the arm hook is not in front of the pull rod recess.

So either the pull rod is too much inside (not protruding enough) or too much outside.

Is the clutch stack the same overall thickness? Did you forgot a washer when putting back the inner clutch basket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it back together today and the clutch pulls nice. When I started it, it started but died. When I went to start it again the starter gear was clanking. I took the cover off and noticed the gears were not meshing very good. Looked like too much space between the two. And starter gear had some all shavings on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts