Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just back from Barber and am trying to sort out my rig. I've got a 2007 Bonneville T100 with a Ural sidecar. The tug has slightly wider than stock handlebars. After an inspection two weeks ago, the Harley tech (the only local dealership) proudly came out and announced that I passed inspection and that he fixed my clutch issue.

What clutch issue, might you ask? :confused:

I have no clue. I didn't have a clutch issue. But I do now.

At Barber, I snapped my clutch cable. I quickly realized why. My overzealous HD inspector decided to reroute my clutch cable to the stock path, causing it to get pinched by my wiring harness in full right lock. On a hack, being in full right lock is a common occurrence.

So after hours of chasing down a replacement at Barber, I landed a used Thruxton cable from one of the race bikes. It works for now, but my path is now straight from transmission to lever, with nothing in between. It got me home, which is all I intended to do.

Now I'm stuck trying to find what I had on there originally. The stamped part number is 2047048. This is NOT a stock Bonnie cable, which is 2046544. I picked up the stock Bonnie part yesterday and realized that it is at least 3" too short.

So does anybody know what 2047048 came off of? My Google-fu is normally pretty good, but I can't seem to track this one down?

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought it might be an America part, but the fiche I found listed a different number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts