Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of removing the clutch on my 2001 TT and am having a problem removing the bush from the input shaft to allow me to get the outer drum off. Manual suggests pliers, but there is not enough on the little lugs to grip on to. Any advice???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A lack of responses on this forum and the feedback from a few Triumph dealers in the UK led me to the conclusion that this is not a regular issue. I've managed to remove the bush now so thought I would share the experience.

First thing, this is not a usual situation and I definitely found the Clutch outer drum and the bush should have some movement as soon as the inner drum, plates and nut is removed form the input shaft. Mine didn't because of the gear selector shaft having pushed through with the hook of the selector out of alignment with the gear shaft and actually against the outer drum, putting pressure on the drum, bush and input shaft.

After trying numerous things I found a 34mm socket which is just wider (circumference wise) than the bush itself and deep enough so that it fit's over the input shaft and sits on the outer drum. By hitting the socket with a hammer, the vibrations slowly pushed the bush out until the point where you could grab it. Once out and with a little fiddling, the outer drum came out, shift selector reseated and all clutch replaced. Job done.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why did you have to replace? Also, How does it feel now from before?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts