Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not even going to pretend that I know what I'm talking about, but I do have some coworkers that race 600's in club racing.

I'd like to get into the frey, but I'd like to jump in with a 675 Daytona, anyone have any racing experience and/or general pointers that I should be tracking.

To start I need a bike...how's that for a hint of my inexperience...

·
Registered
260 Posts
First, I would buy a used CBR or R6 600,buy good leathers and gear and then attend as many track schools/track days as I could afford. Don't waste the money on a new bike as you will probably wad it up 2 or 3 times. My first race bike was a salvage titled FZR 600. John

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hope you have a BIIIIG wallet. Do yourself a favor and buy an already prepped racebike as it will be waaay cheaper.That doesn't include the 675, though, as few are racing them at this time.
I know Augusta Triumph /Ducati in Georgia is campaigning one in WERA with Steve Breckenridge, as well as Mike Himmelsbach running one in ASRA and I think CCS.
The bike, for the track, needs race bodywork, case covers, suspension upgrades, etc, etc, etc, as well as being fully safety wired. Then there's nice sticky race tires at $300 plus a set which on a 600, you'll go through at a prodigeous rate, entry fees and accommodations for the weekend.
Still, it's the absolute best and most fun way to empty your bank account :-D :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts