Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I discovered this movie in its entirety on You Tube, It's worth watching if you love racing!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Its a brilliant film, I managed to see it when it was in the cinemas over here a year or two back. Guy Martin is every bit the character in real life too.

The Isle of Man is a biker paradise and the TT is for the mentally unhinged. Theres a reason why all the top MotoGP riders wont go near the place. For proof of how motorcycling is in the DNA of the island this is how my colleagues deal with traffic control...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Its a brilliant film, I managed to see it when it was in the cinemas over here a year or two back. Guy Martin is every bit the character in real life too.

The Isle of Man is a biker paradise and the TT is for the mentally unhinged. Theres a reason why all the top MotoGP riders wont go near the place. For proof of how motorcycling is in the DNA of the island this is how my colleagues deal with traffic control...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1HqiUeKpyg
Good one, nice to see the police playing with the public...very very unlike here in Australia.

Terry

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good one, nice to see the police playing with the public...very very unlike here in Australia.

Terry
Trust me, its not like that on the mainland. As much as we'd love to engage with the public and actually been seen as human, we'd be sacked for encouraging dangerous road racing and having a personality.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Having raced in the I.O.M. in the 60s I frightened myself then:eek: and am amazed at the riders today in the 60s the roads werent as smooth and wernt eased as they are today and we were on non sticky tyres and the brakes were crap:rolleyes: but managed to get round,
But today the riders have my admiration at twice the speed you cant pick your spot if you come off ,very brave. If you race in the island you do it for the love of the sport....Not the money........:D
I never made any mony out of racing only trophies........
The best film so far and in 3D..long may the TT & the Irish road races continue:D
T.U.D.:EnglandFlag

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
My wife and I watched it last night. GREAT FILM!

Forward the Police Brutality to my daughter. Hopefully the next time she has to do Traffic Control she'll screw with people some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts