Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Bonneville

What can you do to the bike and remain closed loop? I've read that it will tolerate aftermarket cans and I know there is a map available via TuneECU for aftermarket exhaust. Will the stock map handle exhaust and snorkel/baffle removal? If not, will the aftermarket tune handle both?

As an aside, if I had to choose between the intake mod or just aftermarket exhaust, which would provide the most gain? Where is the biggest restriction?

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
FWIW, none of the factory tunes contemplate any intake mod.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Interesting. According to Norman Hyde:
Beautifully CNC machined from solid aluminium alloy, this high performance air intake is easy to fit & increases power. It replaces the restrictive plastic end of the standard airbox. IMPORTANT! Carburetter main jet size will need to be increased when fitting this item. See our part (HBK111/MJ). On EFI models no changes are required.

TTP doesn't talk about fueling and their bellmouth by itself and state that a map upgrade is required when used with a filter upgrade and aftermarket exhaust as well. They have a whole kit put together which takes the bike to open loop operation.

It sounds like the intake is the most restrictive part of the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts