Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Steve McQueen (come back as a zombie)

Votes: 11 34.4%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would win in a fight between Clive Owen and Jason Statham..?

What do you guys think?

"The Transporter" vs. "Dwight McCarthy"

"The Bank Job" vs. "Inside Man"

Shaved head vs. Hair...

Who's the biggest bada$$ between these two brits?

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
I met Clive Owen in about 1995, when I was a motorcycle courier. He was a minor TV celeb then, so it was no big deal. I delivered some tapes to his house from the BBC, I happened to be riding an XJ900 at the time and Clive had just bought a newer version of it, the 'Diversion.' which was parked in his front garden. He knew a lot about bikes and we talked on his doorstep for about 10 mins about bikes. He had been riding a long time and knew a fair bit about bikes and he seemed like really nice bloke but he`s about 5`7" and quite skinny.

Jason Statham is an ex olympic athlete, you might remember the 'celebration' scene in the pub in 'Lock Stock" where he performs standing backflips, with no stuntmen or cgi. So whilst I think Owen is a nice bloke and very accomplished actor, I think Statham would totally kick his arse.

·
30,397 Posts
Ah yes - I have always liked Clive Owen as an actor. He starred in a detective drama thriller thing that I liked, which was called "second sight" or something like that. In it he plays a detective going blind. I liked the way his character addressed his team at his meetings. I have to do a meeting with my manufacturing group every morning, and I try to emulate the way he did it in that show. Cold - factual.

Hell - why not base my management style off of a show on the telly? As long as it's not "the office" I'm using it should be OK. :eek:

Anyway - XJ900 - I have fond memories of those. I had two of them, and put a lot of miles on them. Brilliant bikes.

Er - oh yeah - Jason Statham would probably win. Yep. Got rambling again there.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Steve McQueen would wallop both of those poodles.
I`m no expert but I would say that Steve McQueen being dead may pose some sort of handicap in an ass kicking contest, with Statham and Clive owen.

Possibly some sort of some sort of voodoo resurrection of his corpse may help but these zombies seem pretty slow moving so my money would still be on Jason Statham.

:D

He was an olympic Hi-diver, Fivehundo.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Dead though he might be, my money is still on McQueen. :D
This proving to be quite good fun, and your unswerving commitment to Steve McQueen`s ability to kick ass is even starting to convince an old sceptic like me!

:D

As an act of good fun and bad taste, Steve McQueen has been added to the poll!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Voted!

Zombie McQueen is go!

Speaking of the undead, what do vegetarian zombies eat?

Grains...graaaaiiiinnns!

·
30,397 Posts
Bruce Lee kicked Chuck Norris' arse. It's on film and everything.

Bruce Lee - tough dude.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Me? I'd like to see a flicker with Jason Stratham going up against Tony Jaa (Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior and The Protector). Jaa, who was born Panom Yeerum, does not use CGI, wires or stunt doubles. His fluid style of Muay Thai and insane stunts, with liitle or no protection, would make for amazing acrobatics and a new blend of martial action. Brit brawn vs SE Asian kickboxing.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Zombie of Steve McQueen... :eek:

That's a scary zombie! How are you going to escape the wrath of a zombie that ride a motorcycle!?!?!? :BigEyes:

The un-dead gets my vote... ;)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Seriously! You'd stop and say, "Hey, isn't that Steve McQueen?! Honey, take a picture of us together."

And then he'd eat your brain.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts