Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but couldn't find anything.

I want to try a set of clip on handlebars for my 05 triple. Anyone have an idea on the size? I measured the tube diameter just below the triple tree at slightly over 52 mm. Anyone have any thoughts on which ones work better (manufacturers or size)? I was looking at the Woodcrafts but then found LSL had a set that was slightly raised.

Before I drop too much coin on these, I was hoping to see if others have experience or thoughts on this.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I know a bloke from Sydney called Steve(met him at a track day at Oran Park)had a set of Thommaseli's(think that's how you spell it)and they were adjustable and looked pretty hot.Don't know where to get them but you could type in the name and see what happens. :hammer:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yep it's 52mm, and as for clip-ons (a subject discussed in detail numerous times..with pics :-D ) The WoodCrafts are the easiest to install but are extremely aggresive (www.Woodcraft-cfm.com), the LSL's will only work if you include the headlight mounting kit which allows you to use their fork mounted kit to house the instrument panel and the headlights, because the clip-ons will bash into the intrument bezel at near lock..either way you try it without the forkmount kit wont work (www.spieglerusa.com), and my current favorite (just intalled yesterday) the Tommaselli multi adjustable clipons (www.motomeccaspares.com), has a rise to take the clipons up to the height of the triple-clamp and enough of a offset that you can turn lock to lock without issue, feels great! A good looking piece of kit although I'll admit that the LSL's look great also..but what the hell it's about function right?

You will need a 36mm socket in order to get the steering stem bolt off if you go with anything other than the woodcraft's.

A note about ordering the Tommaselli's, I have been waiting almost a month and a half to finally get them. I was warned ahead of time that the folks in Italy are not know for their haste and not to expect a quick and speedy delivery, so I ordered and patiently waited. Keep that in mind..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Heyrudewboy when you put the clipons on can you post a pic very interested

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice.

Do you have a link to previous threads?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, never mind, I learned how to use the search tools properly.

·
Registered
646 Posts
On 2006-12-10 16:48, 24gt wrote:
Heyrudewboy when you put the clipons on can you post a pic very interested
If you need to see a pic now, check out the member maintained photo albums and have a look at 'zmann's' album. He was the first to got the tommaselli's and has pics.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Just got my Tommaselli's also from England-great looking bars.
Will put them on as soon as I get well from my cut finger and other ailments.

The CRG bar end mirrors will fit. All is go except I dont have the left hand grip - will try to get the original one off and back on the clip on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
vortex, no other mods needed

·
Registered
56 Posts
check my post in the classifieds. The piecing out section. I have some clip ons for sale. I think they are a good deal. they are also adjustable. message me with questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts