Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just e-mailed Clearview asking if they had windshields for the Rocket III Touring. A response came back quickly that a prototype is being tested by a Rocket III Touring owner right now with photos & an initial report coming shortly after the first week of the year. More to follow when I hear from them at that time.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I just e-mailed Clearview asking if they had windshields for the Rocket III Touring. A response came back quickly that a prototype is being tested by a Rocket III Touring owner right now with photos & an initial report coming shortly after the first week of the year. More to follow when I hear from them at that time.
They make good shields. The problem is that to mount one, you'll probably need the Triumph hardware.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They make good shields. The problem is that to mount one, you'll probably need the Triumph hardware.

If the shield that comes stock with the bike proves to be too short it wouldn't be a problem for me to use the hardware, saving the original shield for emergencies or to put back on the bike should I decide to sell/trade the bike someday.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Whats wrong with the stock shield:confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am 5'9 and the stock shield is fine for me..very little buffetting and can clearly see over the top...I have read that if you are 6'0 plus it may be a little short...then you may need an extender or larger shield..mine is fine and would only be interested in new shield if I damaged mine!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If the shield that comes stock with the bike proves to be too short it wouldn't be a problem for me to use the hardware, saving the original shield for emergencies or to put back on the bike should I decide to sell/trade the bike someday.
I thought I heard that Triumph had a taller screen for the Touring. Clearview recommends that the height of the screen should allow you to look over the top of it and see the road 50 ft in front of the bike. The air flow still goes over your helmet. The reason I got a Clearview is because it's wider, especially at the bottom and this reduces buffeting from air coming from below.

Is the buffeting issue with the Touring the same as with the standard? While the radiator contributes to this, the tank has a different shape, so the problem might not be the same. If it is, however, the Clearview screen needs to be wider than the stock.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I rode a R3T 135 miles on a warm day. I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. If anything, the wind deflection was too much-I'd of liked some air. No buffeting at all-heck, I could of had a cigar like my Road King buds do!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I rode a R3T 135 miles on a warm day. I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. If anything, the wind deflection was too much-I'd of liked some air. No buffeting at all-heck, I could of had a cigar like my Road King buds do!
That suggests a real improvement in the aerodynamics compared with the standard R3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts