Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The pipes look good and so does the price. Thanks for the info.
So I have aquestion about exhausts and the link to the gpr cans. I wanted to see if you could order a low mount can for another brand (say the yamaha r6) and install it on a 07 speedy, assuming you fabricate mounts, and may need to adjust the angle the pipe connects to the stock exhaust. The n have the arrow (low mount)tune for it? I like the looks of the gp exhaust and that would be an inexpensive way for me to do it at $150 or so. Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... I wanted to see if you could order a low mount can for another brand (say the yamaha r6) and install it on a 07 speedy, assuming you fabricate mounts, and may need to adjust the angle the pipe connects to the stock exhaust. ...
I think ya pays yor moneys & takes yor chances. :p

Well obviously there is no guaranteed 'fit' but as you say, some custom fabrication at that price may still be a good investment.
A lot will depend on whether you have a local outfit that can do some likely required custom fabrication to make them match up - the connector diameter could be the key. At worst maybe even just a short section to change diameter piping would be all that is required.

But no real way to tell unless you just get it & try to figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts