Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
That'll go over great with the chopper crowd. For real-world riding? Between brake dust and road grime - no way.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Like the article says; cool enough idea... just retardedly impractical. I spose it'd be sweet on show cars that only see pavement from the garage to the trailer.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Oh, God. Put clear wheels on a harley and the next mod will be drapes. :-D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2006-12-05 17:28, Triple_Rider wrote:
that glass will be heavy.
True glass would be extremely heavy. The article clearly states that these are "2-inch thick polycarbonate" which is a lot lighter than glass.

Not that it matters. I bet these weigh twice what a quality alloy wheel weighs, and ten times what carbon fiber does.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I wouldn't want to be riding on those in a couple of years when it gets all crazed and starts falling apart. Polycarbonate does not hold up well to hydrocarbons. Definitely show bike only. I prefer the Sbarro "hubless" wheels where the rim is the outer bearing race and he whole wheel is one giant hollow axle. They really do look like you are riding on air and there is nothing to get dirty.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
weird beard!!

points for originality (not taste), but i don't think i'd trust my skeleton to them.
love the drapes comment!!! hahaha. you could build a cool diorama in there, with a whole little scene... - ...

-b

·
Registered
309 Posts
OOO man I made a sweet Aladdin diorama about 12 years ago that thing rocked!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts