Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Any recommendations on a clear tank film?

I have a 2015 Thruxton Ace. The decal on the tank is scratched up pretty bad from my jacket. It's started peeling off!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There are many brands out there. Call window tint shops, a lot of them do PPF as well. I have ClearBra & Llumar brand films on all my vehicles including the bikes...

·
Registered
379 Posts
ConR,

Check out Tankslapper film
http://thetankslapper.biz/oc/index.php?route=product/search&search=

I've had the two side pieces of the Tank Protector film on my Bonnie for 3 years now and all 3 pieces on my Yamaha FJR for 9 years. It is practically invisible, most folks don't know it's there until I point it out. I have never had any issues with it peeling off or discoloring, yet it protects the gas tanks from knee scuffs, zippers and everything else.

You most likely need the 3 piece Tank Bag kit to protect the Triumph decals on your gas tank. And stop laying your jacket over the tank.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that guys. I just ordered from Tankslapper!

On a side note, anyone know where I can order a replacement decal for my tank? It's the 2015 Ace Special Edition!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Lamin-X makes some specific for our bikes. I have their film on the tank and headlight on the Bonneville, and the rear loading gate and headlights of the wife's Jetta wagon.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts