Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Gentleman & Ladies,

Does anyone have any fitted pictures of the optional clear rear LED tail light for the 765 RS?

I’m not due to take delivery of my bike for another 2 weeks but have been pondering adding the A9830116 unit to the order but unsure how it’ll look (when fitted).

Am I right in thinking the current red rear light unit is LED too? Making the only difference the optional extra item is just clear rather than red?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... the only difference the optional extra item is just clear rather than red?
Yep!

Did you consider getting the metal master cylinder reservoirs?
Not particularly, I’m only adding stuff that I’m not comfortable fitting myself (mainly electrical) but may look at the reservoirs. I’ve already ticked the box for LED indicators and heated grips so far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome. easy to fit, remove seat, sides and undertray. unplug light and replace. should take about 30 minutes to do.
i fitted mine with a rear brake modulator so i could program the rear light to flash rapidly before staying on.
I'll keep that in mind, I'll see what sort of cost I'll be looking at tomorrow and let that decide. If the dealer quotes silly labour money (Triumph Configurator says 18 minutes fitment) then I'll just ask them to supply and I'll fit it myself.

How easy are the side panels to take off? I'll be installing a tail tidy so may do the tail light at the same time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How easy are the side panels to take off? I'll be installing a tail tidy so may do the tail light at the same time.
Side panels are easy, just a few allen bolts on each side. Take off the seat and you'll see them. 5mm I believe?
Just bolts? That’s fine, I was dreading there’d be a bunch of clips holding them on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If the dealer quotes silly labour money (Triumph Configurator says 18 minutes fitment) then I'll just ask them to supply and I'll fit it myself.
Twice I bought new Triumphs & dealer fitted accessories free of charge as part of the deal. But did charge me for fitting bits I bought later.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the dealer quotes silly labour money (Triumph Configurator says 18 minutes fitment) then I'll just ask them to supply and I'll fit it myself.
Twice I bought new Triumphs & dealer fitted accessories free of charge as part of the deal. But did charge me for fitting bits I bought later.
That’s what I’m gunning for and will likely let it be the deciding factor, I’m just trying to work out if the clear tail light would look any better as I’ve never seen another ST with one fitted so can’t really gauge if it’ll be £100 wasted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That’s what I’m gunning for and will likely let it be the deciding factor, I’m just trying to work out if the clear tail light would look any better as I’ve never seen another ST with one fitted so can’t really gauge if it’ll be £100 wasted.
I wouldn't bother with the light. It won't make the bike go any better and when your riding it you'll never see it. Same applies to so many similar farkles, but its your choice. Personally I'd rather spend the money on essentials like fuel !!!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Does anyone have any fitted pictures of the optional clear rear LED tail light for the 765 RS?

I’m not due to take delivery of my bike for another 2 weeks but have been pondering adding the A9830116 unit to the order but unsure how it’ll look (when fitted).

Am I right in thinking the current red rear light unit is LED too? Making the only difference the optional extra item is just clear rather than red?
think it really depends where you get your street triple from. I live in Singapore and the LED lights come as stock for both front and rear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

think it really depends where you get your street triple from. I live in Singapore and the LED lights come as stock for both front and rear.
So does the U.K. lights, however the stock tail light is red and the optional extra is having it with a clear housing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have this on my bike: MotoDynamic rear lights. Integrated stop and turn light indicators. Works wonder. I have the same thing on my Ducati Scrambler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts