Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have been wanting to get a set of clear front lenses for the Sprint since the day I got it. It always seemed odd that the factory rear indicators are clear, but the fronts are a crappy dull orange.

I had baulked at the price of the only set offered on eBay since I got the bike - over $100AUD delivered via a UK seller (though I note this has reduced slightly now).

Recently, sets came up on eBay for $25 delivered, direct from China. I've been ripped off before on clear lenses from China - the ones I bought for my F100 were 1:1.05 scale and didn't fit any of the gaps in the panels, plus were just shoddily made. Clearly a dodgy mould.

The ebay ad didn't inspire me with confidence either, with a strange year combination listed - 05-07.

Anyway, I threw caution to the wind and ordered a set of the Chinese indicators last week. They arrived today and I must say I'm amazed at the quality - as good as, or better than factory. The plastic is shiny and clear, the reflective backing is high quality and they fit well.

I also reckon they look fantastic - certainly way better than the crappy dull orange factory ones. Despite having an orange lens, my factory signals were fitted with coloured bulbs as well, so I didn't even have to change those to go to a clear setup.

So there you go - If you've been considering a set of these, order them immediately! They come in clear or smoke. The ones I ordered are clear.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Front-Turn-Signals-Lens-Triumph-Sprint-ST-2005-2007-Clear-/390449027880?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae8935b28

Happy Sprinting!

Nick

·
Registered
78 Posts
They look sweet as dont they :D.
Fitted mine a couple days ago too, but now im waiting for a replacement mirror post that sits inside the LH mirror assembly/arm. One of the bolts was totally seized and i had no way of getting it out without damaging something.
Opted for the small cheap to replace part rather than the entire left mirror/indicator housing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks oldndumb - the Plymouth does look pretty good, although you can see it's currently in pieces (again)... Luckily the Sprint never lets me down.

Bad luck about the screws, Mr Messy - mine were rusty and ****ty too, but I got away with it. Noticed you're in Brisbane - if you see a silver sprint with clear indicators and an obnoxious numberplate (00ILY), say hi!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Haha im just a bit further up in Gladstone, but i do get down now and then. Cheers mate.

Keep thinking to get myself a custom plate, but im never happy with what i decide on :p.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its like a gradual trip back into the past. Moved up here june last year from newcastle and couldnt believe it hahaha.
Any other mods planned for your bike? Im doing heaps at the moment. That said ive been waiting 4 weeks for a parcel to clear customs and just got it TODAY, so next chance i get ill just about have everything done.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just bought a set, I'm in Italy at the moment and hopefully they will be in NZ when I get home in 2 weeks thanks for posting been looking for a set for a while and was put off by the price ex UK also
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very easy - undo the two screws on the underside and the mirror pops out, then there's a singoe screw holding the lens in. 2 minutes per side.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm of two minds with that... I have a rattle-can of Peugot Silver that is a very close match to the factory colour (used it for painting my pannier infills), but I worry that colour-coding the mirror stems will make them look like "part" of the bike, which will make the frontal area look even more massive.

I spend a lot of time thinking about this sort of thing. I need another hobby.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just ordered a Set - can't go wrong for $25!! So much better than the $75+ ones I've been tempted to buy!!

Thanks for posting about their quality.

Just pulled my globes to see if they are yellow or clear - and they're clear (2007 Model Sprint ST) - so I guess I'll need to chase some yellow ones up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Emailed them today and very helpful, said they would send another set if my ordered ones don't turn up :)

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
436 Posts
Was fiddling with my Tuono, looking for amber bulbs (long story, but lens covers for rear signals same as my Tuono, so thought maybe the bulbs in front would work too) and I tried for the heck of it to take off the lens cover from the mirror.

Well, pulled the 2 screws on the bottom, mirror would NOT come off, but came out enough to unscrew the single screw aimed towards the front of the bike. Even removing that screw did not loosen the lens cover, and I was prying at it with a screw driver.

Am I missing something here?

-Dan

Oh, still waiting on delivery, but I expect it to take a while.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts