Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's one for you...
Clean up those unsightly wires!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Looks good. I am a fan of neatly routed and bundled wires. My '07 does not have that set up; apparently the wires are routed underneath.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes,
Thanks,
I routed the wiring harness behind the rear sub frame and pulled the carb heater wires between the bottom frame and engine block...
Added the wire harness to to complete the clean look...
Will post more following the new Carb's, pods, etc...
Best...
Flaco...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Hey, Flaco, if I am not mistaken, you have polished aluminum covers on that bike? Don't look chrome, don't look like...well, whatever is on my standard Bonneville. I always loved the look of polished aluminum - it looks classy. I used to Nevr-Dull my old Triumphs' covers and forks to a rich luster.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, Flaco, if I am not mistaken, you have polished aluminum covers on that bike? Don't look chrome, don't look like...well, whatever is on my standard Bonneville. I always loved the look of polished aluminum - it looks classy. I used to Nevr-Dull my old Triumphs' covers and forks to a rich luster.
Yes,
I won't finish them up until my oil change in 800 miles...
Got to have that retro look...
Chrome is nice, however I like the strip and polish / buff look of anodized aluminum...
Forks will be next when I get new fork springs / gators and rear shocks...
Thanks,
Allin,
Yes, my real name, (nombre)...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Co-incidently I did the same this weekend (raining over here in SF) however I routed the cables (04 Thrux) between the engine and the swingarm. I had sufficient length to do so. Any easy fix once you get into it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts