Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all (again).

I will spend the evening trying to disassemble and clean the IAC-valve. Is there anything I should keep in mind to avoid trouble?

I know that i need to make sure to attach the four airhoses exactly as they were but is there anything else?

Thanx!

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Three things come to mind:

1. Be careful when disconnecting and connecting the fuel fittings from the tank, as if they are plastic they are easy to break. Also, the metal locking tab on the female fitting can cut the male o-ring if you aren't careful.

2. Note which fuel line goes to which fitting on the tank and which drain/vent hose go to which side (rear of tank).

3. If for whatever reason you need to disconnect the air temp sensor on the airbox (the green plug), mark it with tape, as there is another connector that looks very similar for the CA emissions model. If you don't have a CA bike, this plug simply rests atop the transmission and could be confused as the air temp sensor connector.

Have fun!:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts