Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of these guys, and more specifically their 1100 Big Bore Kit? Their own website admits they've had a few issues, but that it's all been sorted out. It looks like their kit costs a few thousand less than BP's for a similar set up. I know installing this kit is a massive undertaking involving boring the top of the casing, more looking for input of track record and reliability of Raisch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So far only this :

If I will not be satisfied with the suspension he will also upgrade the shocks and the fork - he even offered me free accomodation because its a long drive for me.....

Kalli

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I have this kit. It is sold by Raisch, but manufactured by Sport Evolution which is run by Dietmar Franzen - who was Martin Wimmer's GP2 design engineer. He knows his beans.

Yes, it involves splitting the crankcases to have the top half machined to accept the 100mm diameter pistons - but that's about it. I'd advise finding a REPUTABLE engine builder to measure and fit the big-end and crank journals and bearings (my guy usually does rally car engines).

I wrote up my experiences here:

Now with 813 cams, she pulls scary hard at over 200kph but still returns better than 4.5l/100km on a run on sweepy back roads.

Tim

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
They have flawless reputation in sweden as well. Im going for the 1100 when i have some cash in my mattress along with cams porting and valves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts