Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Clarkson is a shock jock, he is supposed to say stuff like that.

So on that note, I'd just like to say Hitler.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
You've crossed the line with that Hitler talk, Bucketmonkey. Prepare to be the recipient of a strongly-worded letter authored by me.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
The point isn't that they decided that they didn't have jurisdiction, it's that there's such a possibility at all.

But that's the point. If you were to complain about an editorial piece to, say, the FDA or the IRS, they would say that's not their jurisdiction. There is not possibility, other than someone complaining to someone who can't do anything about it.

Your original point was "I'm glad I live in a country where you're allowed to spout your opinion without worrying about the government prosecuting you for it, like they can in Canada if you don't toe the multi cultural line."

I think that point has been thoroughly refuted by the fact that they COULDN'T be prosecuted for it.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
The point isn't that they decided that they didn't have jurisdiction, it's that there's such a possibility at all. Words in a magazine article don't constitute a human rights violation, no matter how inflammatory..
they would do if they were actively encouraging people to go out and kill muslims, or go out and rape women or commit other crimes.

And that goes for the USA too. Freedom of speech isn't absolute, you don't have the right to threaten others or encourage others to commit crimes.

If you believe you do then I invite you to ring the white house and tell them you're going to kill the president.

Oh and FWIW I agree wholeheartedly with clarkson that train suicides are selfish, you are forcing the train driver to execute you for a start, thats a horrible thing to do to another human being.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I agree with Clarkson aswell on this one. Doesn't happen often...

I think suicide is one of the most selfish acts you can perform. The people you left behind are devastated. I've had a couple close friends kill themselves, and I will never, ever forgive them for that.

I understand completely what leads someone to that point, but at that point they are ONLY thinking about their own pain, not the pain they are about to cause their friends and family, ever mind some poor train driver forced to kill you....

Selfish act, yes. Maybe they should all be shot. :p

·
Registered
562 Posts
they would do if they were actively encouraging people to go out and kill muslims, or go out and rape women or commit other crimes.

And that goes for the USA too. Freedom of speech isn't absolute, you don't have the right to threaten others or encourage others to commit crimes.

If you believe you do then I invite you to ring the white house and tell them you're going to kill the president.

Oh and FWIW I agree wholeheartedly with clarkson that train suicides are selfish, you are forcing the train driver to execute you for a start, thats a horrible thing to do to another human being.
I think it goes further than that. We have groups, such as the Million Moms, who bully the country into removing anything they deem "inappropriate".

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Not allowed to say what you think in the UK? He is a funny guy, guess knowone in the UK has a sense of humor anymore.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
31000 complaints so far (according to the BBC news).

Sounds like a campaign is being waged against him.

We have become a petty / pompous / self righteous bunch of whingers of late.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
It's a campaign against Clarkson, not his comments. A lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon because they don't like him...

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Wow! If the last few posts are close to the mark, he has fouled his own nest already. There is a kind of parallel between Charlie Sheen and Jezza Clarkson; they speak truths, just not in the right way.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
It'll blow over, it always does. People are idiots.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
It may for Clarkson. It didn't for Sheen, but I guess Sheen's habits were a bit more in your face.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts