Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ever had expierience with the Triumph chrome cover? Is it good Quality?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I just installed one the other night and, I think it looks
absolutely beautiful. It looks even more beautiful knowing
I only paid $55.00 bucks for it.
Bill

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
On 2007-03-09 22:07, Whitehurst wrote:
I want one :(
On your Thrux? Really?

I would think that the Sixty8 stuff would be a better fit. Colored cam covers, the drilled sprocket covers, the polycarbonate Triumph badges. That would look good on a Thrux. Chrome would sorta be outta place I would think....and I love chrome.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I hate the 68 stuff - I really do think it is the most ugly ***** in the world...
Anyhow, yeh I would like the chrome cam cover, there are plenty of pictures here that show Thruxtons with one as well as polished - looks great.
I just got done polishing my forks tonight - wow, bunch of work but I will tell ya; they look great now.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Guys

Mines still perfect after 14000 miles and 4 years.

I only polish my chrome parts with all purpose house hold polish that has silicone and bees wax in it because non abrasive.
I used to build and exhibit show winning custom bikes and have found this the best method wash the bike, with a good quality auto cleaner, squirt the polish onto a cloth ( A shredded Harley T shirt is best...lol )and wipe on and wipe off. It's quick too.

I dunno what you call it over there but over here we call it "MR Sheen" and it comes in aerosol cans from the local store.

I only wish they did chrome carburettor bowls with black craburettor bodies to match and I'd be in heaven.

As it is I'm working on a spare set I got from a breakers, so I'm gonna do that along with my tuning mods.

Jon (UK)

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I had endless trouble chroming my cam and engine side covers. Believe me there's an art to chroming aluminium and if you choose to go this route use an electro plater with plenty of experience in chroming aluminium. Finally I ended up with a chrome cam and sprocket cover and polished engine covers! The sprocket cover will be replaced eventually an I'm happy with the chromed cam covers.

The pic doesn't do the side cover justice. It's better in the flesh...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts