Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I say we make it potluck!

You definitely get Dad of the Year!

What a fantastic gift to us, too, sharing those great smiles with us. Those boys are lit up!

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
OK I'll say it. Great pics, fantastic surprise & wonderful presents. But sandshoes & T-shirts? Really? Where's the ATGATT? Dirt bikes are still dangerous machines.
Sorry to be Capt. Bringdown, but I'd hate to see bones broken for the want of a decent pair of MX boots.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Steven that is great. The smiles on their faces is making me feel good so you must feel on top of the world.

Bikes will teach your kids reponsibility too - if they wanna keep riding they have to look after their bikes so they don't break. And if they do something stupid it hurts!

·
Registered
796 Posts
For my son's third Xmas, he got a Suzuki 3-wheeler. For his 4th, a yamaha 2-wheeler.

This Xmas, he's now 31... and we rode this beautiful xmas day together.

I spent all my money on motorcycles and kids, the rest I wasted.

Btw, steventhechef, my son is robbthechef. :cool:

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Bikes will teach your kids reponsibility too - if they wanna keep riding they have to look after their bikes so they don't break. And if they do something stupid it hurts!
Too true champ. We have been welding exhausts and find the right size bolts this morning! As well as checking oil and mixing fuel :D

Where are you that bearded dragons run amok? We have 5 of them as pets!!
West of Brisbane. We have an array of lizards - blue tongues, frill necks and bearded dragons. They can we very distracting!! Apparently :)

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Nice one Steventhechef. Heeps better than Video Games or trendy clothes, etc.

Now you'll have great ridin' partners for life!

Those will bring 10,000 times the cost in return - in overall family enjoyment, and in raising the kids the proper way .

Merry Christmas:D

Bob

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Heaps better than Video Games, etc.
They already have those and we limit them (and ban them) as much as we can but they can rule the household if you let them.

The story behind it was that Leonie (my wife) wanted to learn to ride so being the cleverest chef ever :) I decided to buy her a Yamaha DT175 from Ebay about 8 months ago.

The purchase went well except the bike was way too tall for her and she dropped it a couple of times and it really blew her confidence. Enter the dumbest chef ever!!:eek: So I bought her a newish Honda CB400 SF and had the suspenders lowered. Much better.

The boys clambered for the bike and we realised that it was probably time to introduce them to the front of the bike (they all ride pillion with me already) and so the search started. In the meantime I taught them to ride with me as a pillion and guarding the rear brake.

Over the next 6 months we scoured Ebay for the decent DT's and ended up buying another 3 x 175's and the little MX80. I stored them at a mate's place just a couple of properties away so that I could work on them when I needed to.

I have fixed a couple of things on them. Grips, levers and the like and serviced them ready for the big day.

They had no idea what they where getting and I would give them a hint every month which became a bit of a game that almost came undone.

Clues like - it didn't fit under the Christmas tree - it was partly electronic - there was one each- they were different colours - chickens ate it (that was to throw them off the trail).

They didn't get a birthday present this year as it was such a BIG present that we wanted them to understand that it was a very special gift.

All worked out well in the end and they are so chuffed. They still can't wait to play their PSP/PS3/computer games and watch TV but now at least they have another distraction that gets them out of the house and can teach them a few basic life skills.

The youngest has the MX and will move on to the DT when he can touch the ground on it. Leonie has learned to ride them although she still does like the idea of being on tippy toes when she stops. :rolleyes: Hmm! girls!!

In all I am very pleased as is Leonie ............... and of course the boys :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
That is one pissed off Bearded Dragon! We have a frilled dragon too. It might seem odd that we have as pets what you have running wild but I have allergies and limited options for pets. Very cool critters!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Steventhechef, that is such a great story. Would make a good movie that I would love to watch! You and Leonie are the bestest parents ever! What a great team!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Looking at the photos, you should have got them haircuts. :p

Just kidding, awsome presents!

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Looking at the photos, you should have got them haircuts. :p !
Funny that you mention that as they are on the cards for a shear. Leonie cuts their hair and the 12 yo and I had haircuts yesterday.

It is trendy to have hair in your eyes apparently. :Chopper

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
^ Ha, ha. I nearly said they need a visit to the barber's but refrained. If you live in my family and you are male, No.3 comb is about as long as you are allowed. My son and my nephews are already big fans of the practicalities of a hairbrushless life.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts