Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. so I've been debating on getting the chrome swing arm cover for my t-bird for months.. and finally decided to order it today. Every time I see a photo of a bird with the swing arm cover.. I always love the way it looks.

Sooo.. I decided to look up the installation directions.. and it looks a lot more complicated than I thought it would be.

Anyone on here do the install on their own? Was it really as complicated as the directions make it look? Did you really have to remove the exhaust? or did you manage to do it without removing the exhaust? This seems like it'll make simple things like "adjusting the belt tension" much more difficult.

Overall.. have you been happy with adding the swing arm cover?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I installed mine Christmas day 2010. CLEANED UP the swing arm tremendously! Installation was easy, remember the directions take you through installation as if not vaguely familiar with a wrench. Yep ya gotta take them off for adjustments BUT how often is that chore really done? Enjoy!!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed mine Christmas day 2010. CLEANED UP the swing arm tremendously! Installation was easy, remember the directions take you through installation as if not vaguely familiar with a wrench. Yep ya gotta take them off for adjustments BUT how often is that chore really done? Enjoy!!
Thanks for the reply. Mine are on order.. and I should hopefully have them in a week or so. Is it really necessary to remove the exhaust to install them? or is it possible to do it without removing the exhaust?

My only concern is that it makes simple things like adjusting the belt.. or removing the tire.. a bit more complicated. If it was necessary to remove the exhaust during install.. then it's gonna be necessary to remove the exhaust every time I need to do something simple. Of course.. these things don't come up often.. so I guess it's not too much trouble.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Doesnt this aftermarket accessory make the Thunderbird look fantastic. I own the Storm and had the black covers fitted on... And it really makes the bike look amazing. Yeah I'll be buggered when I have to remove them to make adjustments, but I still think these are an add on that everyone should get if getting a shorter exhaust.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fitted mine the other day. I'm still getting used to the look. It adds the appearance of having "a lot" of chrome.

I didn't know there was a black swing arm cover? Pic please?!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts