Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently riding a Victory Vegas. I was ready to trade up for a 2016 Vegas but no ABS means no sale. I'm researching the Street Twin and so will be "listening in" more than anything else. So far this seems like a well spoken community of motorcycle enthusiast. I'm just happy to be here.:|

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Of all of the forums I have joined or lurked in, this here community is the most engaging, civil, and knowledgeable group. I hope that you will find here what you are looking for.

The Water Cooled Twins Talk forum is where you can engage in conversation (or just lurk) about the new Bonneville models. Introduce yourself there and join the banter.

http://www.triumphrat.net/water-cooled-twins-talk/

Have you also considered the Thunderbird and Rocket models? The Vegas is a straight up cruiser, is that what you are wanting to replace it with? Or is the switch to a more traditional "standard" what you are looking for? No interest in something sportier? The roads in Florida are rather flat and straight, I guess, but you are not too far from some great mountain roads up in Georgia.

We are happy to have you here in our community!

Cheers!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Sean. Yes, I've considered all Triumph models. There are quite a few. The Rocket III is intriguing. It's a bike that cries out for traction control, at least it has abs. It may not be the most practical commuter but it would certainly be an entertaining commute. My Vegas was recently dynoed at 84 rwhp and 94 ft-lbs of torque. My previous bike was rated at 172 hp. Been there done that. Also I have learned that Its not a good thing for me to have too much horsepower. Although not a cruiser, I think the Street Twin is most analogous to the Vegas.
Straight and flat is an understatement. Florida is the land of the cruiser. I leave my driveway, turn right, drive straight for sixty mile and I'm in Daytona. We don't have any curves but we can ride year around. It's a trade off.
Anyway, I'm going to mosey on over to the Water-cooled section. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts