Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for those of you from drier climes, this may well not concern you.The British weather has taken a big bite out of the mirror mount fasteners on my '03. I've been thinking for a while that the rubber boots were perishing and I should replace them, so I bought some, and this is what I found when I peeled back the boots. Not pretty. The winter has obviously crept under there and done its worst. Funny thing is, the rest of the bike is really tidy, despite abuse and neglect.

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Not a pretty sight:( Mine were bad but not that bad, I did manage to to knacker a mounting adapter trying to strip them, the thing you cant buy seperate from the mirror but outrunner came to the rescue:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strangely enough, despite their appearance, these came apart easily. A wire wheel on the drill, some Ku-rust and a lick of paint, new rubber boots on them and you'd never know.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yikes! That rust stuff is nasty! I live on what was a cavalry fort from 1870-82 and can dig up iron nails from those days that are still usable. My Tiger should last at least 400 years!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Three hours to the Gulf of California, five hours to the Pacific, 45 minutes to a ski resort at 9500' in a pine forest, six hours to Las Vegas, an hour to Mexico. We're worth a visit. I'll be in Lincoln on your side of the pond in July/August. I'm coming to see some rust.....and the motorcycle museum in Birmingham! Oh, and some good friends!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts