Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning it was chilly. After riding in the early morning for a half hour and waiting for a half hour at a set meeting place, the bonnie had to have the choke on again to idle smoothly. So I was gunning it a bit in idle and noticed little bursts of "smoke" coming from my black carb hose connection.

When I got home this evening, I found that my carb hose "ring" clamps took a decent amount of screw turns until they were taut around the hose.

I've never checked them in over 18,000 miles.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I checked mine a while back and found the stock clamps are not tight even at the tightest they go. I screwed them in and there was zero resistance as i turned them as tho the clamps were not even squeezing the rubber, even to the point the screws bottomed out. No leaks tho, so i'll leave em. But yeah, they should be checked.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If the clamps between the carbs and engine let air in, the bike can run dangerously lean. there are horror stories about burnt pistons and such on other sites.
cliff

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I found this out a few years ago and replaced my stock clamps with the SS items from BellaCorse. These work much better and the price is right...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.