Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe add a little more to this post....we are going to be borrowing 2 Triumph Tiger XC bikes for our Alaskan trip this summer. We actually are supposed to leave June 29th but still do not have the bikes in our possession. They are here and ready to ride just working out insurance details....the BLOG has all the info about what has been going on as far as pre planning etc...and we will be doing a live report from the road. These bikes will be given back to Triumph after the 45 "demo" test ride...:D Any questions feel free to ask....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Love the Blog and the cause you are supporting. My 6 year old son was diagnosed as Autistic/ASD two years ago and it is a challenge.

John

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ACT is a great organization too..feel free to subscribe to the BLOG and you will get updates if interested....

·
30,695 Posts
See if you can buy them at the end of the ride. You won't want to give them back!

Good luck and best wishes!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
we would have to really LOVE this bike and there would have to be no cash involved...we have paid off beemers and this trip alone will cost quite a few bucks....in any case we get to have fun riding another companies machine eh?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm super jealous of your trip! The combo of my two favorite activities, motorcycling and backpacking. The Tiger XC is absolutely amazing. You'll have an awesome trip!

Who makes those sleek fuel containers? Also, I bought one of those Black Diamond lanterns shown in your photo for a week in the Tetons. It worked for like six minutes then sh*t out on me for the rest of the trip. I went to go return it to REI and the the stupid thing fired right up. So I left with it feeling like an asshole, then it did the same thing on another trip. Save the weight and just rock the headlamps. :eek:

Can't wait to see the luggage on the bikes...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
that little lantern came in so handy last summer....worked great for us..have you checked your batteries and the connections? it only weighs a few ounces and we used it in the tent and when we were eating etc....but I have a feeling we are not going to even need any light to be honest because it will be mainly light out for about 22 hours while we are up there.

The Fuel containers are Roto pax...very sturdy and we will mount them on the Jesse bags just not sure where yet. we will carry extra fuel all the trip not just in case for us but if we run into someone needing some fuel. Not all 2 gallons worth but some extra and then top up when we might need the almost 2 gallons.

This is a trip of lifetime and believe or not a part of me is sad not to be taking our Beemers but in the end we are indeed honoured that Triumph believes in us.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today we pick up the Tiger's despite the typical Vancouver rain. We get the bikes for the weekend to try and put some KM's on them and then they go back to the dealer for a "check up". From what we have been told some accessories have been installed and we have some extra's that we will install as well. One being the enlarge kick stand foot print. This is important to us especially when the bikes are loaded with luggage and when we have to park on uneven terrain. Pics later? Sure....once we get them and bring them home we will post pics!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because we are doing alive report it is impossible to post every where...here is what I just posted on the ADv forum..not suggesting you go over there but that is where we will be mainly posting the live report as it represents many ADV riders on all types of bikes...hope you will swing by..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696871

Getting the dealer plates on the bikes, the real plates are????? Still waiting. Western's owner Marq in the tye dyed shirt...yep he's a hippy type of guy! And Desi the manager to the left!

The dealer sponsor Western Powersports of Langley BC

Pic is a bit blurry but here are our first fans from Vancouver, BC out in Maple Ridge for dinner

Our celebratory dinner at the Blacksheep Pub in Maple Ridge

Cheryl waiting for me but posing first

In our garage but not for long, they go back Monday and today is Saturday to get the service done and the rest of accessories installed as well as our Heidenau Scout tires

Our ADV Triumph Boots, comfy

My Tiger for the next few months!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey just a heads up the BLOG is still up and running,...more than ever to be honest...all the Triumph pics and info still there as well as so many other things...a BLOG about everything...changed the format a bit and layout...pull down menus are easier to navigate through the over 300 posts. 1000,s of pics and whatever else you can think of...it's probably there. Hope you stop by! Merry Holidays too!

advgrrls.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts