Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the saga of my fueling system leaks continues. I finally managed to figure out what the problem was, a loose hose (didn't look loose, didn't seem loose....). Buttoned it all back up and whaddaya know....check engine light won't go out. AAAARRRRGGGhhh. Is there anyway to reset the bloody thing?? I rechecked the connections today all seems to be well. I checked all of the wiring to make sure that all of the connections were tight....they were. I cannot find a place in the Haynes manual that talks about resetting the check engine light. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Clearing Check Engine Light

Hi alii1959

If you have cured the thing that was causing the engine light to come on, then after 3 complete heat cycles; that is from cold to Fan on (I think it is fan on rather than operating temp) 3 times, then the light should go out.

If you are comfortable that you have got the thing that caused the light, then go ride. You'll do three heat cycles in 3 rides!

Rexx

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew it was something like that. Just couldn't remember. I had removed the battery, to have it checked, a few weeks ago and the light came on then. It subsequently went out, but I couldn't remember the sequence. Thanks.....if it doesn't go out.....I guess something else has cropped up.

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Reset the ECU is not Turn out the light

Dave,

thanks for sorting out the fan on temp thing, but if you just want to turn the engine check light out, then it is simply three heat cycles, you can ride it.... I have done it!

Your instructions are for the ECU to relearn idle fuel settings, tps, IACV etc.

Rexx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts