Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left the lights on when I parked my Speed Triple. Battery drained dead. So I charged it up and the check engine light is on. Does this mean the voltage rectifier is gone? I don't want to go out riding and find out that the next time I stop I'll need a jump. Please excuse my ignorance I'm new to the Triumph world.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Check engine light will stay lit for three hot-cold cycles and if all is good it will extinguish. Can't see how draining battery would damage r/r.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
If the three heat cycles method doesn't fix it, the battery may have been ruined. Unless it was so deeply discharged that it can't take or hold a charge, I'd bet the light will go out as samurye said.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just going by some problems in the Tiger section, go with as mentioned - but I believe you dont touch the throttle or anything during the hot cold cycle, as it confuses the ecu.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
What? When I went through this, I rode it through two of the three cycles. If anything's confused, it's hiding it well. :p

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
I think Pete may be confusing the ECU reset with the "12 minute tune" (self recalibration) procedure applicable to some models. The latter is the one you don't want to interrupt with use of throttle.

If the light doesn't reset after the third operating cycle, Marcus, then you'll want a shop to check the error codes and make sure there's nothing else wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts