Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if there is anywhere that sells cheap side covers. Basically looking for something cheap, even unpainted, that I wouldn't feel bad about cutting up. I want to modify mine but also like to keep all my stock parts in case I ever decide I want to go back to stock or a different way with things, so I figure picking up a cheap set would be ideal, I just don't know where to look aside from classifieds for a used one

Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Side covers or side "panels"? You can buy the latter from Triumph. I don't remember what they cost, but certainly not that cheap.

I have been searching for a stock set of new or used aluminum silvers, but they must be made from unobtanium.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Panel may be the better, proper term. But I figured I could pick them up from the dealer, but I was sure the cost would be astronomical. Especially for something that's just going to get cut or drilled

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Curious if there is anywhere that sells cheap side covers. Basically looking for something cheap, even unpainted, that I wouldn't feel bad about cutting up. I want to modify mine but also like to keep all my stock parts in case I ever decide I want to go back to stock or a different way with things, so I figure picking up a cheap set would be ideal, I just don't know where to look aside from classifieds for a used one

I have a set of white ones.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts

I have a set of white ones

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you talk Triumph parts, there is no such thing as cheap......
I've noticed that. Based off of my car experience though I know that there are the pricey, OEM quality parts, but you can always find the cheap, both in price and quality, knock off parts/body panels. I didn't know if there was a similar situation here. Guess I'll just keep hunting eBay to find ones to cut up/destroy.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts