Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
It should be pretty straight forward. Everyone I can remember (300 posts) turned the battery sideways & relocated it to the right side. The rest is personal choice & ty-wraps. I chose to save my primary airbox so I could use the mounts for the side cover but I cut it open for access. Lots of examples available all the way back to GregP's original idea.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It should be pretty straight forward. Everyone I can remember (300 posts) turned the battery sideways & relocated it to the right side. The rest is personal choice & ty-wraps. I chose to save my primary airbox so I could use the mounts for the side cover but I cut it open for access. Lots of examples available all the way back to GregP's original idea.
Well, here's what I did.

I used this portion of the airbox. Used a cardboard cut out of the battery and used spray foam all around it. This way I created a "perfect fit for the lithium ion battery. All I got to do now is get a new extended positive terminal wire. Then zip tie the loose wire harness connectors and I should be back in the game.

Lastly I will definitely need to respring the front and the rear suspension. Race tech has good springs for that purpose. I will end up just sending in the rear suspension to them for a rebuild and a respring.

I should be in a pretty good standing for next riding season.

Thank you all for your help. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello again,

I am working on my winter projects and I am aiming to send out my rear shock upgrade to get rebuild and a new spring on it. Currently I have a 98-99 ZX6r shock that I think is pretty tired. What should I be looking at spring wise? I am hoping to send the whole thing off to Racetech before the holidays. I have been reading through this thread but as this is my first time working on motorcycle suspension I am hoping to get some insight.

Also rebuilding my fronts this winter as well. Looking at progressive springs and maybe emulators. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have straight spring rate Racetech fork springs and emulators in the Bird and I feel it’s a worthwhile upgrade.

Maybe talk with the Racetech folks about the rear shock?

321 - 330 of 330 Posts